Project categoryStrategic Plans
VISION: Coaldale is a vibrant community where citizens of all abilities can live, work and play.
MISSION: To make Coaldale the most accessible community in Alberta.
- Inclusive, independent and non-discriminatory access for all
- Focus on public and private spaces
- Build awareness and relationships
- Ambitious outcomes
- Pragmatic budgeting
- Holistic prioritization
- To provide advice and make recommendations to the Town of Coaldale that address the needs of people with physical, sensory and cognitive disabilities.
- To investigate and assess the functionality of elements in the built environment such as paths, sidewalks and intersections throughout town for peoples with disabilities, and seek appropriate action.
- To assess, identify and prioritize areas of improvement within the town and provide input on a holistic prioritization matrix.
- To serve as ambassadors for the accessible community while promoting relationship building.
- To create dialogue.