PURPOSE OF THE BYLAW: To amend the current Land Use Bylaw 677-P-04-13, Schedule 13: Sign Regulation to define and establish the parameters for "Billboard with Changeable Content" as defined below:
- Revise definitions of "Animation", "Changeable Content", "Luminosity", "Movement/Motion", and "Off-Premises Sign"
- Add definitions for "Copy Cycle", "Dwell Time", "Sequential Messages", Static Copy", "Transition Effects" and "Transition Time"
- Delete definitions for "Electronic Sign Content"
- Add application submission requirements for "Billboard with Changeable Content"
- Delete "Projection Styles"
- Revise requirements for "Billboard Signs"
PUBLIC HEARING TIME, DATE AND LOCATION: June 26, 2023 at 5:45 p.m. at the Town Council Chambers located at 1801 20th Avenue, Coaldale AB.
GIVING INPUT ON THE PROPOSED BYLAW: Input on the proposed bylaw can be given prior to or at the Public Hearing.
Written comments can be sent by email to Cameron Mills at email@example.com, dropped off at the Town Office (Second Floor, Civic Square, 1801 20 Avenue), or mailed to the Town at PO Box 1236, Coaldale AB T1M 1N1. Written comments must be received no later than 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, June 21, 2023.
VIEWING THE BYLAW: A copy of the proposed bylaw can be viewed at the Town Office during regular business hours, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Please contact Cameron Mills, Director of Growth and Investment at (403) 345-1370 or firstname.lastname@example.org.